Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Did I remember it all?!

So one of the things that was the hardest for me when moving into college was things that I was going to need to buy to live comfortably in my dorm room! So I put together a short list of things that I feel are essential, and a few other things that I have used over and over in my room to keep me organized and happy in my room!  
 - My Fridge, it is so handy to have in my room, for late night snacks, or to keep drinks and other things in, especially if you get a To Go meal from the Dining Center or Oakland Center!
 - My futon, has become my favorite place to study and my favorite place to take quick naps in between classes!
 -My coffee pot! During exams, midterms, or the even just for the morning, this is my best friend! It is nice to wake up in the morning and not have to go out and spend money on coffee, this saves you the 5 dollars each time you think to go to Starbucks

- My Desk Light, or a clip light for the side of your bed,  This is convenient especially when you have a roommate, and it is time for bed, you can continue to do that little extra studying without the large overhead lights on keeping the other person awake! 
 -  Ok for the girls, this is my shoe rack! (lol) talk about keeping yourself organized! You don't have them thrown all over the place, and you don't misplace them! this hangs up right on the back of your door or in your closet so it keeps your room a little more organized!
 - The microwave is also something that I use a lot in my room, keeping it in there to warm up some food, make popcorn or easy mac, it is a nice appliance to have in your room!
 - An Essential is next, the alarm clock Without the alarm clock, I would not make it to class on time 90% of the time, be sure to look into one of these!

- and finally a shower caddy.  Sharing a bathroom with other girls (or guys for the boy floors) can get messy, so if everyone keeps their stuff in a caddy and is organized the bathroom isn't dirty or doesn't cause any problems when leaving your stuff around! 


All of the things I have listed above can be bought at so many different stores, personally I go do a lot of my shopping at Target, they have really good deals and good supplies for all college dorm rooms. I also know that Bed, Bath and Beyond has many good sales, and other items for the college rooms! 

8 comments:

  1. All these things are great to have around. I definitely couldn't live with out my coffee maker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other lights are nice for your dorm. I know my eyes get sick of the bright overhead lights, so a different, softer light source is very nice. These are all great ideas. I don't think I would need the shoe organizer though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! All the things listed are essential for me personally, especially the alarm clock! When the cell phone fails, that clock is always there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lamps are great for extra light and for decoration! and shoe racks really do come in handy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a coffee maker this summer and it has saved me so much money. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great ideas! I hope every freshman housing student reads this so they are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this blog! I don't think I could live without my mini fridge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea but damn that is one ugly font

    ReplyDelete